Programming & Problem Solving
Due September 15th (Friday) by 11:59PM
This project contains a few exercises to help familiarize yourself with the concepts of algorithms and binary
Complete the following exercises:
- Write an algorithm (write it similiar to how the book writes an algorithm) to find the minimum value in a
list of numbers. Just like the MEAN algorithm, you may only
examine one number at a time. But instead of remembering the current running sum, remember the current
- Show how to convert the binary number 1101 to decimal.
- Show how to convert the binary number 1111101000 to decimal.
- Show how to convert the binary number 11.0011 to decimal.
- Show how to convert the binary number 1101.110001 to decimal.
- Show how to convert the decimal number 22 to binary.
- Show how to convert the decimal number 222 to binary.
- See how closely you can represent the decimal number 0.1 (or 1/10) in binary using only six places to the
right of the
binary point. What is the actual value of your approximation?
To submit, type up your responses in any text editor, convert your file to a PDF, rename it "project1.pdf", and
to Moodle by the due date.