Introduction to Web Authoring
Due September 19th (Tuesday) by 11:59PM
This project will give you experience creating a website, adding a page to the site, and marking it up using
Complete the following steps:
- Create a new directory on your computer (anywhere you'd like), and name it 'project1'.
- Using Brackets (or any editor of your choice), create a new HTML file in that directory, and name it 'index.html'.
- Add the minimal recommended structure for an HTML file (as demonstrated in Chapter 4 of your textbook) to 'index.html'.
- Create some content on this page that introduces yourself. Some things you can add include where you come
from, what you are studying (major/minor), interests and hobbies that you have, etc. Add enough content to make
your page interesting and to show you put effort into creating it.
- Mark up your webpage using a variety of HTML tags that we have looked at in class. At a minimum, you should
use em, p, and at least two different heading tags (h1 - h6).
- Add an image of yourself anywhere on the page.
- Add one other image of anything you'd like.
- Both of your images should be located inside your 'project1' directory somewhere. Ideally, it usually makes
sense (good design practice) to create a directory called 'images' inside of 'project1', then place your images
- Make sure your webpage validates. You can use the validator in Brackets, or the online HTML5 validator.
To submit, zip/compress your 'project1' directory, name the compressed file "project1", and
to Moodle by the due date.